Monday, March 5, 2012

Moving

I visited a new church yesterday. A woman read this passage of scripture Deut 1:6; "The LORD our God spoke to us at Horeb, saying, 'You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Verse 8 See, I have placed the land before you; go in and possess the land which the Lord swore to give to your fathers." When I heard this I knew God was speaking directly to me. I was determined to meditate on this and seek further meaning. Holy Spirit brought back to my remembrance a message Bishop Poole preached when I attended New Hope International. Boy, how I still miss that ministry! This message was titled "Get it to Go." In it he spoke of how we have to eat (read, study and digest) God's word on our way to somewhere. We must be in a constant state of preparation and readiness. Exodus 12:11"These are your instructions for eating this meal: Be fully dressed, wear your sandals, and carry your walking stick in your hand. Eat the meal with urgency, for this is the LORD's Passover."

I stated pondering over these scriptures and believe Holy Spirit has given me clarity and insight. As Christians we can often find ourselves in a state of complacency. When we have that notion that all is well with our households, our lives; and we are satisfied with where we may be at the current moment we often become complacent. Even if things aren't going the way we believe they should we can find ourselves complacent with what we believe are circumstances beyond our control. God is telling us today that we can't stay at this mountain too long. For one that mountain could be one of unbelief, fear, worry, anxiety, hopelessness or it can be a mountain of believing I have everything I need so, I'm ok here.

The Christian walk is a never a complacent one. It is always forward moving through good and bad times. God is always calling us higher, which is a progressive, forward movement. We are never to be at a standstill. Does, that mean we become like Martha, always busy. Of course not. We are to prayerfully consider the ways in which God would have us act and the mountains that need to be removed from our lives. You can't move mountains if you aren't prepared. Ask God which mountains have you remained at for too long. God has a future for all those who trust in Him. Ask Him to bring you to that place of understanding His will for your life and allow to Him to establish your steps.

The Principal Thing

"If I remain relatively unknown and the world never acknowledges the things that I've done, may I be known in heaven for these kids...